Saturday, February 21, 2009

Picture heavy alert








I've been an Elise Blaha fan for a while. Here's her blog. (ps today or tomorrow is her b'day, go by her blog and give her a happy birthday!) She made a 'dear elise' book, you can see it here. Something about that mini book and her fabulous journaling resonated with me. A lot of her work does actually. Anyway, this is what I made from that inspiration. The journal on the page where you can't read it (lol) talks about it being ok. All of it. It's OK.
The cover of the book is actually the page with the little boy (Dick I guess) with the dog. I got that image from the book Dick and Jane, which there's a picture of. The second picture has a twill ribbon with quote from Christopher Reeve that says "when you choose hope, anything is possible."
There's one quote directly from Elises' book that says "I have more than enough to look forward to."
I'm not totally done with the book yet. And sorry for the crap pictures.
But you know I think it was Wednesday night I started on that book and I think that's why I woke up feeling so good Thursday. Just getting out some creativity.
I found myself censoring myself when I made the book a lot. Like "oh that won't look right. That doesn't match". So I tried to make a special effort to uncensor myself and just go with it.
THANK YOU ELISE. You really helped me this week. And Happy Birthday!

3 comments:

EliseBlaha said...

i love it. thank you for sharing and thanks for the sweet words. a heart book is such a perfect shape too!

Jody said...

I love your little mini too. Cute vintage page! Thanks for posting and for Elise's inspiration too. HAve a great week!

Rik no Blog said...

Bom!