Sunday, February 22, 2009

My nephew


This is Danny, my brothers oldest son and the first grandchild in our family. He just finished boot camp for the Air Force. He graduated in the top 5% of his unit/class, which was 800 people. We're so proud, but honestly, none of us are surprised he did so well. Something about growing up on a farm where it was just assumed you worked from sun up to sun down and then some. And I never have heard him complain.
He looks so much like my brother Bobby. Those piercing eyes. If Bobby looked at me like that I'd just want to run and hide because I knew he was mad! If Danny is ever in war and has to fight face to face w/ someone, I think they'll back down just based on those eyes!
He's a dad and a husband, too!

5 comments:

cinnibonbon said...

Congrats to him!!! Gret picture.. Tell him we said "thanks" for his service!!!

Love the mini you made..it's very fitting for the season...

Thanks so such for your lovely comments. I really apprecaite them...that was the worse experience of my life..I"m just all chocked up about it.

Miss Gracie's House said...

You all must be soo proud!
thanks for the visit!
rene'

Unknown said...

Lisa, I am working on assignment right now at the Unive. of Ohio and see many young men dressed in their combat fatigues. I asked my husband did he think the other students were respectful of them. He expressed what you did about your nephew. These are men of true courage and moral character. They are respected. Congratulations to your family on such an accomplishment. Elizabeth

UK lass in US said...

Congratulations to him - you must be proud.

Rik no Blog said...

Bom!