Tuesday, February 3, 2009

cooking

I love to eat but I don't like cooking. I think the reason I hate it is because I constantly feel like I'm trying to piece things together. I never seem to have everything for a recipe that I need, and I feel like I'm short changing the dish by substituting. The other day Posie Gets Cosy was saying she wasn't feeling good, and she just wanted to be in the kitchen cooking. It made her feel better. Suddenly, an epiphany. Maybe I could like cooking?
I saw a recipe on the can of chicken broth for pot pie. I had everything it called for!! It was chicken, broth (duh) any veggies you wanted, self rising flower and milk. And a whole stick of melted butter! normally me likey like that, but it was too much even for us! Half a stick would have been good. But it turned out good. Even husband liked it.
At Madisons birhtday party my husbands first wifes sisters husband was asking everyone what their speciality of the kitchen was. He asked me and I was like "umm, martinis?" And I asked Husband what he thought it was. He said "making something out of nothing". I thought that was awesome. He specifically was referring to scalloped potatoes I'd made the week before. I think he thought I made the recipe up! lol Anyway, maybe I can start looking at some other things in Life like that. Like maybe I don't suck? In fact, I've always been super self conscious about my teeth. I call them my hillbilly teeth because they've got so many spaces. A friend said she thought they were cute. They made seem vulnerable and were just a part of me. She was complimenting me and it felt so nice because it wasn't "oh you've been working out and you look good" or "your new haircut looks good" it was something that was a part of me like height!

1 comment:

J. M. said...

You write beautifully Lisa and you made me laugh.