Sunday, February 15, 2009

Goodwill story








A few weeks ago I went to a local Goodwill store. I saw the funkiest skirts made out of fabric w/ owls on it. Very 'in' now at least in scrapbooking. I passed it up though. And of course when I went back a few days later they were gone! Today though, made up for it. I went to another Goodwill and found this beauty.

It's a real Lilly Pulitzer skirt. I've been drooling over her preppy pink and green goodness for years. Here's her website. . It was always way out of my budget. Now there's some good news, some bad news, some good news and some bad news. The bad news is it's a size 14. I'm 5 feet tall and about 20lbs overweight. But the good news is this is too big for me. Which I was so hoping it would be. I mean, I was wearing a size 6 pair of jeans at the time, size 14 had better be too big!! I bought it because it was just too good to pass up. It caught my eye because of the funky colors. Before I realzied it was a Lilly P, I thought I'd cut it up and use it to make something else. Like a fun tote bad.
When I saw the tag, I immediately thought "eBay!" and $$$. The bad news is I looked on ebay and it looks like Lilly Pulitzers sure aren't fetching much these days. In fact, I've paid more for a no name brand at Kohls. But I think I'll try it anyway. As soon as I can get some decent shots of it. These pictures make it look really wrinkled but it's really not. Her clothes have some stretch and are meant to be worn. They're comfortable.
If anyones interested in this one by any chance, make me an offer! Email me at lisamk@tds.net. If anyone has any ebay advice, let me know. I'm a buyer not a seller! lol

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Lisa, I love Lilly too! I imagine I would wear her clothes if I lived in my beloved Florida, and had a wealthy income, and were a size 2! What a great find! Glad you had a good V Day. Have a great week! E

Pegasus said...

If you have a clear plastic hanger with the metal clips on it I would hang it and then take pics of it. I've done this with pants. I hang them from the top of a white door and then take the pic. Cute skirt!! Good luck! :0)
Peggy

cinnibonbon said...

Love this.. I never get lucky enough to find anything at goodwill..let alone something so chic!!

I say keep it and make it into something you can enjoy.

Liz Harrell said...

No good advice here, but that is an adorable skirt! I have got to check out goodwill more often.

Rik no Blog said...

Bom!