Monday, February 2, 2009

Happy Groundhogs Day!!!

Ahhh,, Groundhogs day! I felt so much pressure as a kid to root for seeing the shadow vs. not seeing. I could never keep it straight.
Did I ever tell you about the time in probably first or 2nd grade when we were doing our coloring. Let me go back further than that to see one of my very very earliest memories is of wanting to be a painter. Oh how I wished for talent to capture beauty. Sadly, in first or 2nd grade we were doing coloring /drawing. And I specfically remember the teacher (stop me if I told you this one!)holding up Sandy Tracy's drawing and declaring it the best in the class. For some reason,and I don't know if she insinuated this or I took what she said to mean everyone else should give up. This teacher was a little weird. She seriously once asked us to write ona piece of paper if we liked her or not!
Anyway, ever since then there's been a huge creative block for me. My aunt Mertice (prounounced Mer-tes) is an awesome watercolor/artist. I'll upload pictures of some of her prints soon.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Lisa, It was my turn to be perked up, and you did that for me. Depression..... (and I don't swear) I love the way your dollhouse turned out. I like things that are useable for kids. I know someone in your life who will love this! E

Anonymous said...

One of our favorite movies of all time is Ground Hog Day. Of course I completely forgot about it being Feb 2nd yesterday. I think I ignore it because we always have months more of winter. It doesn't seem to warm up until July here.