Friday, December 19, 2008

cookies

hi peeps. I just got done working 9+ hours here at home. Then I made some Christmas cookies. Should have taken pics, I will on the next batch.
I had a caller that made me realize I really need to quit whining about stuff. She got her order, a photo mini book, but it was someone elses pictures. I told her I could refund her or send a new one, but that I doubted it would get there by Christmas. She started crying and said "It's just that it's for my boyfriend and he leaves for Iraq in 2 weeks. could I please get it by then?". I just wanted to drive it out to her, where ever she lived , and give her the right one. She didn't scream or swear, and I thnk she had a right too, even though it was an honest error someone made.
I used to say to Husband around 10 pm every night "aren't you glad we're going to bed and you're not getting ready to go to work?" he used to work 3 rd shift and we hated it. it was so lonely because when we were home together he was usually trying to sleep! Anyway, I need to count my blessings more because he doesn't have to work that shift anymore.
So, I saw a PIF (pay it forward) idea on this blog: right here clickit and thought why not. NOw, bear in mind my crafts aren't picture perfect but I try! My things are made with lots of love!
So my PIF pledge is for the first 3 people who comment that they would like a handmade craft and some surprises,to arrive by January 14, just leave a comment!

TTFN

3 comments:

Pegasus said...

Hi Lisa. I really liked your story about the lady who didn't get her photos right. I'm new to your blog so I don't know what you do, but I liked that story.

I'm also writing because I liked your flickr badge...I checked them out and might just put one of those on my blog too:

http://pegasuscove.blogspot.com/

I think the PIF idea is neat and would love to participate this coming year! :0)
Peggy

sewhipbaby said...

Hi! You were actually the third one! Send me your email address!
kara
sew hip baby at gmail dot com

annemarie said...

Lovely story - went right to the my heart.