Sunday, April 5, 2009

what's worked for you?

this has been a really good week, I'm so relieved to say!
1-our tiny towns' pizza joint, Shrack Daddy's, is delivering again!!
2-McRib is back (for now)
3-my taxes are DONE. I was really stressing over it. In fact, my accountant stopped midsentence and said "are you ok? are you cold? or just nervous?" I said "nervous! I feel like I've been called to the principals office!" I hate taxes, I hate never knowing if we'll owe or not. Especially now that i work for myself. Luckily we're getting a refund, and my accounts are helping me get this set up better for next year.
4-My husbands hours at work have picked up which is so great!

Elizabeth from Creative Breathing commented on my last entry asking if I suffer from depression. Most definitely. I've been on medication for it for almost 10 years. I don't mind the medication, although it leaves me with what I can only describe as a dead unfeeling feeling inside. Sluggish I guess. But it's what I have to do, at least for now. I'm not strong enough to pull myself up by my bootstraps right now and be happier. But I'm wondering if anyone has any advice for something more homeopathic for fighting depression? I know for sure sex (hee hee), and exercise are a huge help. But what about vitamins for example?

This week promises to be better because I get to have a sleepover tomorrow with Madison!

3 comments:

Rachel said...

The McRib is back!??!? I will have to tell my nephew... he loves them!
You asked where I live on my blog regarding the strawberry farms.... west central Florida. It is actually the very end of our strawberry season. If you look on the strawberry packaging in your grocer, it will have my town on it ;)

Denise said...

There have been debates about St. Johns Wort for years. I'm all for exercise since medication is too strong for me. Good for you for dealing with depression, though!

cinnibonbon said...

LOL..with the McRib.. I hadn't realized it, and I just came from there. Stupid McDonald's. LOL

Hey hey Girl..I'm still around. I've been a super big bum..no excuses, just really staying home and enjoying the silence for a change.

Taxes bite.

I love your inspirational wall hang.

Happy Easter baby!!!