Tuesday, April 14, 2009

memories

it was 2 years ago April 12 that I found out we miscarried. I was so naive. As I lay on the dr table getting the ultra sound and watching the screen, we could clearly see him. But so silent. I didn't know that's when I was supposed to hear the heartbeat, that sound of life. The nurse had me go pee, and she tried again and still, I just laid there oblivious. She said I could get dressed and told us to go into another room for a bit and someone would come talk to us. And still I sat there with Chris just waiting. Not really knowing or realizing what was going on. Then a lovely woman came in and said she was so sorry but they didn't hear a heartbeat, and they should have.
I just lost it. I remember feeling stupid. Like how could I have managed to get pregnant! of course not. My other blog, http://sneakylittlebugger.blogspot.com/, has more about what happened. Nothing unusual, just a miscarriage. Only it was life to us.
I'll never forget pulling into the driveway after the D & C and seeing a white dove or some kind of white bird, on our barn roof. I pointed it out to my husband and said "that's him. I think he's just making sure we made it home ok" I've never seen a dove out here and haven't since.

5 comments:

Pegasus said...

Just read your story...so, so sorry for your loss!!! I'm grieving with you right now...tears in my eyes.
Peggy

ellen s. said...

i remember finding your blog around this time last year. i am so glad you stopped by again, i am so sorry for your loss & the dove, i think you are right

Notes From The Frugal Trenches said...

"Only it was life to us" - this is so true.

I'm so sorry.

cinnibonbon said...

I'm sorry this happened to you. I have to agree with you on that white dove...

As for as sinuses ..yeap...they are killing me too. I never had them til I moved here last year...I have to say it just stinks!!

OOOO on your new toy...how super exciting is that...

And the weight? Well hang in there girl. I've just recently started a "lifestyle" change and rallied the whle family...so far..not so good...LOL. I lvoe to eat out. I think if I just stopped that would allow me some serious changes!!! Good luck.,

Rik no Blog said...

Faria sentido se eu entendesse!