Monday, January 26, 2009

the dollhouse that kicked my ass

well, sort of. But I'm not giving up. There's an awesome tutorial here that I've been wanting to try. Yesterday was kind of a snowy cold day so I thought it would be a perfect activity. And it was except my dimensions were off. I used cardboard and polyfil, instead of the mesh and batting. I ended up stapeling my finger somehow (and no the instrcutions don't call for a stapler at all.!)It really isn't hard, but when you bugger up the roof dimensions, it'll go wonky. So I ripped it apart this morning and am starting over! I have a 'vintage' sheet I got from Goodwill and some other fabric that I think will be fun for this. Wish I could spend all day working on it but, I have to work :(

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Lisa! So glad to see you posting so much. When I read your post about changes you wanted to feel in yourself it made me think about my young daughter who we have just spent $47,000 on a culinary education and she is working in a pizza shop! She tells me all the time that she is not really happy inside because she really just wants to travel. (this is because of her Dad's life, but how many get his kind of job?)She along with me just have never known what we are suppose to be. Lisa, I think there are only a very few (my son and husband) who get to actually fulfill their life's dreams. That a 50/50 percent in our house. Lisa, I think you and me are just in the wrong 50 percent! Your post on your doll house is hysterical, you are a very funny lady! E

cinnibonbon said...

Ohh girlie.. you've got to be careful ...with such tools!!! hehe..

I'm sure it will turn out great though.

cinnibonbon said...

PS...LOl..She wasn't melting..hehe..that's all the snow we had to make her with!!! Pathetic I know...and still it caused a snow day!!

cinnibonbon said...

LOL...me again...my pixie has a name..come see!!