Friday, September 12, 2008

It starts now

I started reading the book yesterday and though I'm not even half through it really struck a chord (cord? whatever) with me. It's the thought the plagues me all the time. Seriously. All the fucking time. Can I change my life? Is the life I have now the life I'll always have? Do I want that? And if it's possible to change it, where do I start.
So I thought maybe this 365 day thing is for me. I'm very much the type of person who likes regimented tasks, check it off, follow a plan. But I always want someone else (boss, friend, Husband) to make the list for me. I never want to make the list for myself. Fear of failure I'm sure.
And honestly, I'm not even sure what I want to accomplish by the end of the 365th day from today. Let alone how to do it.
When I say it starts NOW I mean NOW. Now I start really deciding what I want my life to be. And figuring out how to make that happen. It seems like a lot of people list weight loss as a big life goal. Sad to say, I'm no exception. So I know for sure the list will include 20 lb weight loss. I've also always wanted to be much neater and keep a better house than I do now. So that's going on the list. Spirutal growth for sure is on the list. And I want to be credit card debt free, but I don't think that's going to happen in one year. I'm leary of posting the amount I owe. So for now, I won't.
So that's a start.

1 comment:

Shaina Longstreet said...

setting goals is a perfect place to start! good luck with all your endeavors. :)